Mouse related issue

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Jan 15 10:31:06 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 01:57, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le jeu 15/01/2004 à 10:38, Alan a écrit :
> > I have a ps/2 scroll mouse and a kvm.  If I switch to another session to
> > do something, is screws up the mouse quite bad.
> >
> > In Redhat 9 I would just bring up the redhat mouse configure app and it
> > would reset the mouse.  That does not work in Fedora any more.
>
> In the console, restarting gpm usually does the trick.

Switching consoles also works.  My problem is in X.

> In X, switching to the console and back does it too.

I will try that.

> I think there were changes in 2.6 kernels to take care of kvms (not
> sure)

Not for the mouse.  I am using the 2.6.1 kernel.  (Working fairly well
so far.  Just a few misc glitches.  cdrdao does not work (yet).
vmware-config.pl freezes trying to unload modules. (and I have installed
the recommended patches.)  ALSA is not yet configured correctly.  Other
than that, it works very well.)

--
"Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!