Kernel:IP TCP ECN

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Sun Jan 18 20:19:23 UTC 2004

Tony Grant wrote:
> It is easier to just turn it off if you happen to own a Linksys DSL
> router. Costs a lot less than replacing it too!

Sure...if you as a Linksys DSL router owner feel its less of an effort
for..you...to recompile a kernel to turn that feature off...to
workaround your buggy Linksys router...you..have that choice. Have fun
recompiling your kernel.

But I'm pretty sure David St. Clair... was asking for the fedora
developers to change the precompiled fedora kernel to have this feature
turned off to workaround the bug in the Linksys router, which seems a
bit silly. If the TCP ECN feature is useful...in the general case...
turning it off for everyone one by default...because one networking
appliance component manufacturer has some bugs...would be a case of the
tail wagging the dog.

-jef"i claim this thread for Spain"spaleta