help: need a upstream mirror host

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Mon Jan 19 20:37:23 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get access from the primary source for Fedora for my campus
so we can host a local mirror for ourselves and have timely updates.

To try to make that happen I've emailed ftp at redhat.com, submitted the
mirror app back, and tried to subscribe to mirror-list and mirror-list-d
several times and still haven't heard a response back for anyone,
automated or otherwise.

So, with FC2 going beta next week, would anyone (preferably on I2) be
willing to be an rsync host for me and my campus for Fedora?  Or, if
anyone has the office telephone number of whomever is responsible for
dealing with fedora mirror sites, I'll take that too :)

Really folks, it shouldn't be this hard!

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free