Evolution 1.5.2

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 20 05:55:12 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 18:29, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Has anyone been using Jeremy's evo 1.5.2?  If so, is it any better than
> 1.5.1 as crashes and such go this time?  Is it still not yet too usable?

Yep. I did not try Jeremy's evo 1.5.1 though, so I could not make any
comparison, although 1.5.1 from GARNOME was quite stable.

The installation lasted only 15 minutes on my computer. VFolders do not
work, Importers are still not functional, and the mail migration from
1.4 went wrong - I have lots of mails in Inbox and other subfolders, and
Evo 1.5.2 showed me an empty Inbox, with the Inbox mails going into the
'Lists' subfolder.

When it stabilizes it should be a really nice upgrade, though - if you
VFolder a mailing list, for instance, you could right-click on its icon
and choose to post to it. Not to mention iCal support, and the removal
of the RSS feed reader (Straw does it better).

My suggestion is to get Evo from GARNOME for the time being, and try it
from a test account. Evo 1.5 is targeting GNOME 2.6, so I am not sure
how well it works with GNOME 2.4 ..

Regards,

Michel