Memory leaks

Nils O. Selåsdal nos at utel.no
Tue Jan 20 07:24:22 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 06:02, Stan Bubrouski wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've noticed using latest devel packages and devel kernel packages
> (compiled specifically for my hardware) that after a couple days of
> uptime in X my machine basically loses 450/512mb of RAM.  So say i exit
> X and shutoff all non-essential services my machine still only has like
> 45mb of free ram.  So basically something is leaking a lot of memory
> over a very short period of time.
>
> Any idea how I can figure out the culprit?
>
> -sb
[noselasd at nos-rh tmp]$ free
             total       used       free
Mem:        513984     492776      21208
-/+ buffers/cache:     199776     314208
Swap:       522104      29468     492636

You do look at the correct info ? The above has about 314Mb free, not
21Mb. That's probably as good as you get any info on memory, it's not
always the whole truth though.

--
Vennlig hilsen/Best Regards
Nils Olav Selåsdal