CVS import of SRPMS

Harald Hoyer harald at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 15:38:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

Florian Laroche and I prepared a python script to import a set of srpms
into a CVS tree in the style we use internally.
This could be used to provide a public CVS server for Fedora.
An outside developer could track the recent sources and provide patches
easily.
The script and some documentation could be found under:
http://people.redhat.com/harald/srpmcvsimport/

E.g. I run
$ ./srpmcvsimport.py -t FC2 -m rpms -r /dir/cvs
/dir/fedora/development/SRPMS /dir/rpms_cvs/rpms /dir/rpms_cvs/bin

every day and have a nice CVS tree of the actual Fedora Core 2
development version tagged with a moving tag named FC2.

Hope this is useful for anyone :) Patches, improvements, comments are
welcome.

- Harald