add support for CIFS Unix extensions to the kernel

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 14:32:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 12:45, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:

> I know this is already available for 2.6, but it would be great to
> have this functionality available in the 2.4 Fedora Core kernel as it
> might take a while until 2.6 is stable enough for being the default
> kernel, and this patch serves a real need for an important class of
> users.

Adding extra functionality to 2.4 kernels isn't the way forward on
making 2.6 any more stable.  This won't make it into the FC1 kernel
any time soon (if at all).

You could provide it as an add-on module like the ntfs, alsa folks do
and put it in fedora.us or one of the other repositories if you feel
it adds significant value that other folks would like.

	Dave