Updating RPMs using binary deltas (demo)

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Jan 27 09:47:29 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 21:15, Toshio wrote:
> No errors from testing updates-released.  All signatures verify and
> packages intact.  List of space savings at the bottom of this message.
> The range is 19.5% - 99.2% savings with an average of 63.9%.  I think
> more than halving the bandwidth is an achievement.

Something else I noticed is that bigger packages seem to have far worse
space savings that smaller one which don't really matter that much.

Your average is misleading since it doesn't take in account package size
and just the % of savings per each package.

99.07% in kernel-doc is really not impressive, and if you look at all
those near the 90% mark... well, they're really not impressive.

Rui

+ So let's do it...?