not SVN? (was: An introduction of the new cheerleader...)

Cristian Gafton gafton at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 16:48:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Alexander L. Belikoff wrote:

> Hmm... I thought RedHat was going the way of early adoption of SVN?.. *This*
> could be the perfect moment to start eating our own dogfood. ;-)

There is going to be plenty of time to play with alternative solutions
once we have in place at least one. Every solution has its supporters and
opposition, and we're not going to get unanimity no matter what.

I happen to know CVS and I think that most people are familiar with CVS.
It is not perfect, it has its faults, but its faults are widely known. I
can take few days to put out the CVS server or I can take few weeks to
review other solutions that I'm not that familiar with. I'd rather have
the CVS out.

Cristian
Cristian Gafton     --     gafton at redhat.com      --     Red Hat, Inc.
  "There are two kinds of people who never amount to much: those who
   cannot do what they are told, and those who can do nothing else."
        --Cyrus Curtis