Fedora Core 2 XFree86 plans, and XFree86 4.4.0 plans, etc.

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 12:46:57 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Tony Grant wrote:

>> A) XFree86 4.3.0 is what will ship in Fedora Core 2.  It will
>> contain a number of bug fixes, Radeon driver fixes and other
>> improvements to further stabilize the 4.3.0 series, and give
>> Fedora Core a relatively mature XFree86 base.  I would also
>> like to update the "via" driver to Alan Cox's new DRI
>> enabled via driver, so that VIA EPIA users can enjoy 3D
>> acceleration.
>
>YES PLEASE!!!!!!
>
>=:-p
>
>Some new Linux users asking for this over at the Viaarena Linux forum
>right now.

I probably will find the time to add it in, and don't expect any
problems, but it's not 100% official yet.  But it is definitely a
"probably" on the high order, as probabilities go.

If people can convince Dave Jones to put the VIA DRM into our FC
kernels and RHL 9 kernel, I'll likely add it to future XFree86
erratum for those OS releases also.  I've CC'd Dave for comment
(and Alan who wrote it, for good measure).  ;o)