Misc other rawhide issues

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Wed Jan 28 14:38:44 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:34:55 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:

> gdm
> 10) gdm sometimes does not startup X-and-login-screen again
> automatically after killed with CTRL-ALT-Backspace.  Difficult to
> reproduce but potentially bad.

Maybe related, but very rarely [with Yarrow] when I log out of KDE, gdm
graphical greeter starts and displays a completely bright gray screen with
just the login text edit field being visible. Still I can move the mouse
pointer and click where the menus would be normally and they pop up and
work. Just the screen stays completely gray. I think I've seen this in
bugzilla somewhere for Shrike or Yarrow. But I don't find it, and it
happens very rarely only.