rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Thu Jan 29 06:41:08 UTC 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:

>> I think the smiley isn't necessary. Fedora Core should only contain 1
>> app for each task IMO (the one that is selected by default). All the
>> rest should be in extras. And that includes KDE for example.
>
>I disagree 10000000%... So, this takes us again to the same debate over
>to include GNOME as the only DE (or KDE), or OpenOffice.org instead of
>AbiWord/Gnumeric, etc. etc.
>
>If Fedora stops offering freedom of choice, I will switch away to
>another distro.

Please don't make such a decision in haste over an irrational
idea a mailing list poster suggests, which isn't remotely
reasonable in any sense of the word.

Please continue to contribute ideas, etc.  Just try to ignore
people who have their own personal interests at heart rather than
the project's.  ;o)