rawhide report: 20040128 changes

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Thu Jan 29 09:44:23 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 06:37, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> >Well, that kind of reasoning would drive a large part of the community
> >away from Fedora.
>
> If it were taken seriously in any way, I would agree with you
> 100%, however since it is not remotely close to the Fedora
> Project's stated goals, it's not a realistic suggestion by far.

I point out the "would" :)

> Don't be discouraged by radical thoughts, look through the
> project mission/goals

I don't feel discouraged, I don't believe it is reasonable to do what he
proposed without clearly creating a community division (just look at
User Linux, for instance, definitely no KDE users over there, sadly),
and I mostly agree with Fedora's goals (except for a small thing here
and there).

> There are lots of rational good ideas floating around, don't be
> discouraged by the bad ones.  ;o)

I'm not, I can separate wheat from grain :)

> Mike A. Harris     ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris
> OS Systems Engineer - XFree86 maintainer - Red Hat

One thing I'm willing to test is 3D support for Radeon IGM cards (like
the one on my laptop). Since you're an XFree maintainer at RH, could you
help me test it without seriously breaking FC?

Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?