sylpheed (and inclusions)

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Fri Jan 30 03:16:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:34:52 +0000
Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 05:21, Vincent wrote:
> > Using Mutt you probably don't notice, but try using evolution (or any
> > other GUI e-mail client) for this list and It's painfully obvious
> > sylpheed is the only option we have. Evolution crawls on high volume
> > lists such as this.
>
> Evo is nice and snappy for me.  However that probably depends on what
> you use for your mail store - if mbox is the answer than it was a damn
> stupid question.
>
> [High volume???  Medium at best]
>
> 	Nigel.
> --

  Hi
I subscribe to 10 lists 3 of which are fedora* The highest volume is probaby
fedora-users which I have 5000 mails in its vfolder today. If i was to
go in there and hold down delete for 10 seconds then stop, it would keep
going for another 5 seconds while skipping over about 20 messages cause it
could not keep up. I'm on a 2.8 p4 OC'd to 3.1, have plenty of ram and a 7200
Maxtor. Not a slouch system. But sylpheed? would rip right though those messages
not missing a beat. EVO looks nicer, I wish I could use it. But I'll take speed
over looks for now. Maybe I'm the only one having this problem.