Upgrade of unmaintained packages

Joseph Fannin jhf at rivenstone.net
Fri Jan 30 21:36:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 04:25:53PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> >     I really really hate the way yum just craps out and quits
> > whenever a single package's dependencies can't be met during an
> > upgrade, though.  I'm tracking Rawhide, which is of course not
> > supported, and I know yum is being worked on (I don't know what kind
> > of issues are being addressed, though).  But yum, as it is, makes me
> > want to shoot things; it has no provision for upgrades at all.
>
> umm. What?
>
> no provision for upgrades? It doesn't provide for upgrading broken
> package dependencies, that's true.
>
> But I've done upgrades with yum, many of them, in fact....
>
> so I think your statement might be JUST a touch extreme.

    I forgot to stick a smiley in there somewhere, caught up in
frustration with yum as I was.  :-)

--
Joseph Fannin
jhf at rivenstone.net

"For future reference - don't anybody else try to send patches as vi
scripts, please. Yes, it's manly, but let's face it, so is bungee-jumping
with the cord tied to your testicles." -- Linus Torvalds