mplayer vs. xine

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sat Jan 31 16:33:52 UTC 2004

I would describe www.jpackage.org as *the* Java RPM packages resource.

>  -- I'd like to cut the number of required repositories
> to a minimum to lessen the likelihood of conflicts.

But for rpm.livna.org the fedora.us repository is a strict dependence,
because packages at livna.org are built upon packages from fedora.us (and
Fedora Core). Resolving the dependencies with packages from other
repositories may work, but is untested and unsupported.

Mixing repositories in an unsupported way can create unresolvable
dependencies. A HOWTO should not recommend something like that.