mplayer vs. xine

Sat Jan 31 22:14:27 UTC 2004

Le sam, 31/01/2004 à 17:33 +0100, Michael Schwendt a écrit :
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:17:26 -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
>
> > > Maybe jpackage.org should be included in your list.
> >
> > What is it?  When I go there, I get:
> >
> > ERROR : Unable to connect to the database: DB Error: connect failed
> > Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/jpackage/www/func-db.inc on line 58
>
> I would describe www.jpackage.org as *the* Java RPM packages resource.

I'm afraid the core jpackage host has been badly hit by the latest
winworm storm (plf is probably affected too since they use the same
system). The mail system is on overload, fills / and bang.

The package mirrors are still there though :
ftp://jpackage.hmdc.harvard.edu/JPackage/
ftp://us.dl.sf.net/pub/sourceforge/jpackage/direct_download/
ftp://ftp.pbone.net/pub/jpackage

Since direct downloads have never been allowed, right now the only loss
of service is the web site and the mailing lists, so it's not critical.

If any people there have good postfix recipes to get rid of this
infestation I'm sure the jpp/plf system admins will love to hear them.

(Guillaume Rousse <rousse (at) ccr.jussieu.fr> is a good contact)

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot