Fedora Core 3

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Fri Jul 2 19:59:49 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 05:37:26PM +0200, Tony Grant wrote:
> Le ven 02/07/2004 à 16:47, Alan Cox a écrit :
> > The kernel bits are in the current tree and the driver is in FC2 (2D) although
> > the config tools seem to select vesa (just turn it to via)
>
> Yes - it would be nice to be able to configure it with the normal tools
> rather than hacking the config file by hand is what I was trying to say.
And the kernel bits aren't actually there yet :-)

The X11 bits worked just ok for 3D last time I checked (which was in the
XFree86 days) once the right kernel drivers are installed.

Probably should just get someone (as in the guys who wrote the patches that
are around!) to push the patches into the upstream kernel, they're
pretty much stand-alone and seem to work just fine...

--
Pekka Pietikainen