Fedora DVD image download problems

Veiko Sinivee veiko.sinivee at solo.delfi.ee
Mon Jul 5 13:20:38 UTC 2004

Hi,

I tried to download FC2 DVD image using

wget -c
ftp://download.fedora.redhat.com//pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/iso/FC2-i386-DVD.iso

but I constantly get error: "File size limit exceeded" after I reach
about 2GB. Could it be the ftp server's error message? I think it's not
my filesystem limit (ext3) because I suceeded creating some 3,5 GB
archieve files with tar. Or is it something in the connection?
Well all sort of proxies shouldn't care since I get the same error very
quickly when I try to resume download with wget after it broke up the
first time. I suspect it must be something with the FTP server.

Veiko