udev in initrd

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Jul 5 20:17:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 11:44:51AM +0200, Owen Taylor wrote:
> (*) I know some people (yes, you, Jeremy) have serious reservations
>     about the details of how udev is implemented. And I really
>     just mean "dynamic creation of device nodes on a ram filesystem".
>     But I don't think the fact that udev is too
>     bloated/complex/policyless/whatever to run in Anaconda should keep
>     us from trying to start fixing these problems for installed
>     systems.

Um, I have never heard of such objections before.  If _anyone_ has _any_
questions/issue/objections/rants about the implementation of udev, or
any other kind of complaints about udev, please let me, and the
linux-hotplug-devel mailing list know.  Without us knowing, nothing will
change :)

thanks,

greg k-h