Fedora Core 3

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Tue Jul 6 00:48:47 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 20:34 -0400, Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>
> > Bill Nottingham wrote:
> >
> > >I'm sure there's other stuff people would like to see. What sorts
> > >of things?
> > >
> > A utility that asks you to choose a mirror for the updates.
> >
> > The second you type any yum command for the first time, you hit the red
> > hat servers and that's slow as fsck.
>
> At some point yum will get the mirror-list support that is already in
> up2date...

It's already there in cvs-HEAD of yum. It even parses the $ARCH variable
that adrian put in. (it reads it as $basearch instead of $arch, in
yum.conf variable-speak)

however, it's kinda superfluous the new config parsing has
include=url://to/some/file parsing that acts just like a heredoc.

so you can have an entire repository section defined that way.

-sv