Automatic reboot in kernel 2.6.7-1.467

David Chambers davidc at ccmi.salk.edu
Tue Jul 6 23:27:31 UTC 2004

Thank you Omar! - I had totally not thought of ACPI.  Adding acpi=off to boot fixes the problem completely.

Given the problems which ACPI seems to be causing - including people's problems in FC2 - wouldn't it be a good idea to default it to "off" until it behaves a bit better?  I realize that the dev kernels are just that, but to have the entire system not boot on a whim of ACPI's strikes me as a bit counterproductive...  (my $0.02, refundable upon request :-)

All the best
- David