Fedora Core 3

Wed Jul 7 06:51:26 UTC 2004

Le mar, 06/07/2004 à 17:19 -0400, Jeremy Katz a écrit :
> On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 14:49 +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> > - no kernel text at all is seen on startup
>
> Any kernel text showing up with the current 'quiet' mode could be
> considered a bug :)
>
> > - there is graphical shutdown
>
> I'd rather just make the shutdown fast enough that no one cares.
> Keeping X running makes a few things difficult and it would be easier
> just to speed up the process, imho

BTW the way it's done now does not seem overly robust WRT custom kernels
with radeonfb built-in.

On more than one such system I've seen the screen blanking out on reboot
(probably because we do not bother to restore some register when killing
X)

This  is *very* annoying when the shutdown fails and you can't even look
at the system messages to figure out why.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot