Nautilus bug fixed upstream!

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Fri Jul 9 15:12:48 UTC 2004

Hi Alexander,

> During the time we're doing feature
> work for the next Gnome version, we don't typically spend a lot of time
> backporting fixes to Fedora, we'll get everything when we move to the
> new version anyway.

Yeah, plus the newly introduced bugs. How about backporting important
fixes upstream? That would make possible an upgrade to the latest
release of the current branch used in FC.

Although I am not very acquainted with the processes at the Gnome
project I have the impression not a lot of time is being spent to
stabilize the current branches. This is sad as it means people will
always have to work with buggy (as in crashing) software. That's a bit
more serious than a panel that doesn't (un)hide. So much for QA.

Leonard.