Fedora Core 3

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at matchmail.com
Mon Jul 12 23:01:31 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:

>On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 03:20:51PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>

>>How will I get an oops if I do that?  The screen will have the 3d screen
>>saver on it, and no text oops...
>>

>You'll know which screensaver

I know which screen saver, just not the name yet, have to go through the
list...

>>>If you have a matrox
>>>Gx00 card its a known bug
>>>

>>It's an ATI Rage 128.
>>

>Does it occur with the update kernel or with the i586 kernel ?

I have run three fc2 kernels on this machine, two 2.6.6 based, and one
2.6.5 based (well it's really 2.6.x + 1 rc, but whatever) and the only
one that doesn't crash overnight is the 2.6.5 kernel.

I'll check what it's optimized for when I get home.

Mike