Package requests wishlist - pine

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Tue Jul 13 16:39:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 07:46, Rex Dieter wrote:
[snip]
> FYI,
>
> I've just submitted a "pristine" (ie, unpatched) pine that should
> satisify the UW pine licensing terms.
>
> I've also contacted UW with a request to be able to distribute a
> modified/patched version, but I won't hold my breath.

Personally, I don't think Fedora ought to ship any package which they
can't patch.  I know that DJB (no, the non-RH one) stuff has the same
restriction, but IMO, it's just ego that has them writing these
licenses.  When they decide to play by the rules everybody else does,
then we let them into our sandbox.
	Greg