Fedora Core 3 wishes

David Nielsen dnielsen at breakmygentoo.net
Wed Jul 14 14:59:01 UTC 2004

I'll just add a few I forgot.

100% ALSA, I really hope we can move 100% to ALSA, I know it will be
painful (I take it some drivers aren't in ALSA yet, I haven't checked
though). But it would seem that having both ALSA and OSS support causes
the volume control to display two mixers for my emu10k1 card, that's
just bad style. ALSA is set to replace OSS fully at some point in the
near future anyways, now is as good a time as any to reduce complexity
and dump OSS.

Reviving the browser wars, I don't see any reason for not going with
Epiphany has our default browser, maybe it would be nicer to wait till
Mozilla GRE gets completed so we wouldn't have to have all of Mozilla
installed to use Epiphany, but untill then we could just hide Mozilla
from the user.

Researching the possibility of replacing XChat with XChat-GNOME for
greater compliance to the GNOME HIG. I dunno if this is stable enough
yet, it works for me but if it's ready to replace XChat for everyone I
can't say.

- David