beehive?

Andreas Thienemann andreas at dicp.ghb.fh-furtwangen.de
Wed Jul 14 17:35:12 UTC 2004

hi Dan,

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Dan Williams wrote:

> Beehive is the Red Hat build system, to which all Red Hat-built SRPMs
> are submitted.
Okay, I guessed that much, but thanks for the clarification.

> Only after an SRPM goes through beehive and passes the build on all
> architectures does it become part of Rawhide.
Neat.

> (other tests like ensuring non-overlapping NVR, sane SRPM, etc are
> performed as well).
NVR?

This sounds like a nice idea to test third-party RPMS. Is there any chance
of this build system, that is the sources, being released?

And out of curiosity: why does the kernel.src.rpm check for the existance
of /etc/beehive-root and if it does not exist changes the release tag?

bye,
  andreas