Gnome image viewers

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 15 21:54:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 16:03, Louis Garcia wrote:
> Why are there two image viewers for gnome. Eog and gthumb basically do
> the same thing. I personally like gthumb as eog ui can use some work. As
> I understand eog is used as a bonobo component for nautilus to display
> images in the nautilus window. Why can't we just move the bonobo
> component to gthumb and kill eog?

Coincidentally I was just about to post about this ;-) It would ideally
be fixed on the gnome.org level.

There's also nautilus, which is what I always end up using for digital
photos since I already have the folder open, but of course it lacks
crucial features such as photo rotation and slide show and all that.

Havoc