rawhide report: 20040715 changes

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Jul 16 09:11:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

please don't hijack the discussion to make pet peeve rants.  People have
said they'd want to remove balsa, so stick to the topic and give reasons
to not remove balsa.  Yes, I know the topic is "removal of any package",
but the inflammatory way you ask for removal of evo does the discussion
of what packages to remove no good.

> > > Why should a MUA have a calendar though? And why do they thing I'd be
> > > interested in the weather in the USA? Evo is a total joke. Get rid of
> > it.
> >
> > I guess you didn't think of the idea that it can be configured to use UK
> > weather - from one of several sites.
>
> So what? The point is why is such a function in an MUA?

Because it's not a MUA just because you say so ? From the package
Evolution is the GNOME collection of personal information management
(PIM) tools.

Anyway, a whole lot of people use evolution and are very happy with it.
In this thread someone doubted whether the same applies for balsa.
That's something worth discussing.

> +------------------------------+---------------------------------------------+
> | Thomas Micro Systems Limited | Software Solutions for
> Business             |
> | Computer Consultants         |
> http://www.thomas-micro-systems-ltd.co.uk   |

What email client do you consult to businesses, out of curiosity ?

Thomas

And redemption will pour and crashes to the floor
And a million cold thoughts won't stop you feeling warm
Because the love that you bring conquers all these things