rawhide report: 20040715 changes balsa - evo - moz

Jim Cornette music-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 17 04:44:48 UTC 2004

Paul Thomas wrote:

> On 15/07/2004 15:07 Panu Matilainen wrote:
>

>> Hum.. if we're *talking* about removing ethereal then I think balsa's
>> removal from core should at least be discussed: I can't recall the last
>> time I've seen anybody even mention using Balsa. Of course it's possible
>> a) I haven't seen balsa-related discussions because I'm not looking for
>> them b) it's so perfect the users are too happy to complain ... but
>> somehow I doubt both of those. We got plenty enough email-clients in
>> core already, I think balsa would be best moved to Extras.
>

> I strongly disagree. If you're going to kick out a GUI MUA, I suggest
> getting rid of Outlook^H^H^H^H^H^HEvolution. Bloated crapware IMO.

I don't use either balsa or evolution. They seem to conflict with each
other though.

Trying to Upgrade Evolution, Evolution-data-server and gtkhtml3. I get
the below popup using up2date.

Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
balsa  2.2.0-1,FC3,2                     requires libgtkhtml-3.1.so.10

I like a variety choices though. Mozilla-mail is my choice.

Jim