suspend & resume

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Jul 17 19:54:36 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 02:32:49PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:

> One problem I had with the laptop here is that while I
> could get suspend to work easily, in order to resume it
> I had to press the power button.  This meant that after

Isn't this laptop-dependent?  And how is this normally done using
Windows?  I am still struggling with my new ASUS laptop (they have
a wrong DSDT file that does not work for the battery status), but
in the manual I don't see anything mentioned on how to suspend it
with a button, and resume can be done via the power button.

With FC2 using acpi_sleep=s3_bios as kernel parameter, suspend
(with "echo 3 > ...") and resume (power button) seems to work.

> If the "shut down when the power button is hit" behaviour
> is hurting more people than it helps, I'd like to get it
> removed and replaced with something that works ;)

I don't see this problem in my configuration.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>