grace-5.1.16 + pdflib-lite available

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Jul 19 14:33:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:12:34 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > Well, this would work with rpmbuild, but ...
> > >
> > > ... unfortunately mach is not able to handle file build dependencies :(
> >
> > Which is not a blocker criterion, fortunately. Several such build
> > dependencies are used successfully in available packages.
> Now I am stumped :) What does fedora.us use instead?

As I've explained to you in private mail some weeks ago, Enrico Scholz
has patched mach in several places, so the fedora.us build system can
handle file/directory based build requirements fine for several months
now, e.g. BuildRequires: /usr/include/tcl.h /usr/include/tk.h

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~ensc/fedora.us-build/mach/

> To me, "not being able to rely on file build dependencies" has become a
> growing pain in using mach for preparation of package submission to
> Fedora.

Well, I've done test builds and QA without mach for many months, and I
still prefer fedora-rmdevelrpms for many reviews. Mach is nice for
automated rebuilds of working src.rpms, but I still need ordinary chroots
and a multi-boot machine to test-run applications, too. Everything else
would be half-hearted.

--
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux 2.4.22-1.2197.nptl