Definition of Open Source [was Re: pine: UW permission to distribute]

Rui Miguel Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Jul 20 16:38:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 11:32 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> > Your opinion is irrelevant.
>
> And so is yours.  Only Fedora's counts here.  That's been my point all
> along.  *Any* other arguement is also irrelavent.

Of course. But you don't separate the motives. Your choice to cut out
the remaining of the paragraph reveals it. You're reacting with emotion
instead of rationality.

You where talking about the definition of open source, and it was in
that regard that I made the comment.

As to Fedora, I would like to keep believing our opinions have at least
_some_ value, or what would the point of a community driven distribution
be?

+ So let's do it...?