Any consensus on a groupware suite for FC/RHEL?

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Jul 22 14:58:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 07:32, Jos Vos wrote:
> Is there any sight on a choice of a "preferred groupware suite" to
> be included in future releases of FC/RHEL, like OpenGroupware.org
> or one of the other groupware projects?

We don't have a lot of Red Hat internal motion toward hacking on these
right now, mostly because it doesn't look like any of these packages are
mature/scalable enough for enterprise customers without a lot of work.

There was some discussion on the lists (fedora-desktop maybe) a while
back comparing the various options.

However, this doesn't mean that the Fedora Project can't include one of
these projects. If someone starts on packaging for Fedora Extras now
then once we get external cvs etc. (any time now) we could move one of
them to Fedora Core I imagine, if there's consensus, etc.

Havoc