s390 ctc0 interface not coming up

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Fri Jul 23 08:22:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 06:52:07PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here's the content of my ifcfg-ctc0 file, it's the post-install default and
> seems correct to me :
>
> # IBM CTC
> DEVICE=ctc0
> BOOTPROTO=static
> BROADCAST=192.168.200.3
> IPADDR=192.168.200.3
> MTU=1500
> NETMASK=255.255.255.255
> NETWORK=192.168.200.3
> ONBOOT=yes
> QETH=yes
> REMIP=192.168.200.4
> SUBCHANNELS=0.0.0600,0.0.0601
> TYPE=QETH

One should not do replying when

a) in hurry
b) knowing that you should have been bed hours ago
c) tired (b)

For all the other information (which are valid) i wrote about thise
before, it seems just that

QETH=yes
TYPE=QETH

Are not valid for this setup. The magic in network-functions get all
wrong when CTC is defined as QETH, so it more like should be

TYPE=CTC

and nuke that 'QETH=yes' line alltogether.

As i said, i had valis Tao/s390x setup already when i updated it to
FC3/rawhide, so i had all this information on my ifcfg-ctc0 except the
SUBCHANNELS-line which i had to dig out for 2.6-series.

Actually i remember testing just 2.6-kernel over Tao/s390x before i
started to 'follow the future'.

I should have spotted this little detail immetiatedly, but i didn't,
so sorry about that .....

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/