RSS aggregator

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Jul 23 22:25:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 15:00, Steven Garrity wrote:
> Florin Andrei wrote:
> > Any chance to include an RSS aggregator in Fedora?
> > http://liferea.sourceforge.net/
> > http://www.nongnu.org/straw/
> > http://syndigator.sourceforge.net/
>
> I like Straw the best - feels like a real Gnome application. It has been
> a bit heavy on dependencies, but getting better and better.

Frankly, i think Liferea has the better interface metaphor.

Straw kinda hides the categories and requires too many clicks to jump
from within one category to another.
With Liferea, everything can be visible at once in the left-most panel
and jumping from one item to another can be a matter of exactly one
click (if categories are expanded).
Syndigator is similar to Liferea.

--
Florin Andrei