IDEA: Shortening boot-time

David Nielsen dnielsen at breakmygentoo.net
Sat Jul 24 00:57:47 UTC 2004

As a desktop user, and considering I have to pay the power bill, I
prefer to shut my computer down whenever I don't use it, why should I
keep it up aside showing off the size of my member by having a
proportionally huge uptime?
For most users it serves no logical purpose to have an always on
solution, and there's no reason why our boot time should be suboptimal.

- David *I'm not made of money* Nielsen