PROPOSAL: Core size reduction "bug day"

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Jul 24 03:19:24 UTC 2004

David Nielsen wrote:

> But is there actually any work going on in this area or is this one of
> those chicken and egg things, Extras task has not been clearly defined
> and we won't define it since there is no real Extras to relate to.
>
> Either way we should start to seriously debate what tasks Core needs to
> do, and work to avoid duplication in task completion.
>
> - David

"Extras not defined" is FUD spread by certain individuals who have
refused to cooperate in a collaborative project.  When Extras happens it
will initially be a quick import of everything we have now.  Lieutenants
chosen among community members will act as a gatekeeper allowing stuff
in.  Updates to existing packages will be allowed in very quickly like
current Extras policy, except directly through CVS.  New package
additions will however will go through a high level of scrutiny.  Of
course all of this depends entirely on how much we generally trust the
contributor.

Warren