IDEA: Shortening boot-time

Michael Favia garbage at insitesinc.com
Sat Jul 24 17:29:30 UTC 2004

Kenneth Porter wrote:

> I guess that's exactly the opposite to what power users like me want.
> I hate booting up Windows blind and not knowing what's taking so long
> or how much longer I have to wait.

Who said anything about blind? I think an intelligent progress bar is
currently beig used and in my opinion gives me a better estimate of how
long it is going to take i am suggesting improving the implementation
(number of services left, estimated time to boot) and shortening the
boot time while stil providing a polished interface. If you want to
scare away 90% of the computing population because you like it hardcore
i think we should make it a removable package (isn't it already?). then
you can have your fun and we can have our elegant sophistication.
--Michael