PROPOSAL: Core size reduction "bug day"

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sun Jul 25 01:31:06 UTC 2004

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Warren Togami wrote:

> David Nielsen wrote:
>>
>> Couldn't we consider talking to the kde on redhat people, they seem to
>> have a handle on things when it comes to catering to the KDE users, we
>> want them to have as optimal a package as possible, weither in Core or
>> in Extras depending on the decision.
>>

> I have some serious concerns about the quality of work coming out of the
> kde-redhat group due to some past mistakes they have made.

Ouch.  Oh well, we're human.  (Though I'd prefer to be able to defend
myself against specific claims instead of blanket statements about "past
mistakes).

Even so, I would still pit the packaging quality of our stuff against
redhat's stock ones any day.

> Are there any actual KDE developers there?

For the record, KDE-RedHat project members of 99.5% packagers, 0.5%
developers.  We *have* received a lot of input in the past from several
core KDE developers, however.

-- Rex