tuxracer & chromium move to Extras

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 12:55:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:30:35 +0200, Matthias Saou
<thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>
wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote :
>
> > Would anyone object to tuxracer and chromium moving to Extras in FC3?
>
> Very few people I think would object. They are both not actively
> maintained, and although very nice graphically, they're quite limited and
> can't beat any kind of breakout or even mine sweeper game when it comes to
> the amount of time that can potentially get waisted ;-)

Funnily, I recently saw an arcade machine running Tuxracer ..
presumably the arcade hardware maker (and the place's propietor)
thought it was going to pay for itself.

I quite agree though, they could be safely moved to Extras. When I was
using Mandrake the game I played most was BzFlag, not either of the
two above.

- Michel