Multiple LUN support?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Jun 10 05:28:42 UTC 2004

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 13:42 -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 12:31:07PM +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
>>
>>>You can always do:
>>>  options scsi_mod max_luns=N
>>>
>>>And change N (non negative integer value) until problem solved :)
>>
>>Or you can just do
>>  echo scsi add-single-device $host $channel $id $lun > /proc/scsi/scsi
>>
>>(I've had to do that for a USB multi-card reader.)
>

> But this assumes that you either try one by one or that you know all of
> $host $channel $id $lun :)
>
> I find my way easier ;)

Please do not be content to use your workarounds forever, and instead
file Bugzilla reports with dmesg attached so Dave Jones or Arjan can add
your device to the multi LUN whitelist.  Then it should work for you in
the future, as well as other end-users who cannot figure out workarounds
like this.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com