video in the desktop

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Jun 18 21:21:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 11:37 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Also, for the fedora.us people - what should we do when wanting to
> provide theora to pre-FC2 ? Theora requires a 1.1 version of ogg - does
> that mean that everything we build for FC1 and older that wants to use
> theora has to go in patches ?

libogg is parallel installable, right? ;)  If so, the obvious answer
would be a libogg1.1 package or something along those lines.

If it's not and it's not ABI compatible, then the answer is to fix that
and then do the above.

At the same time, I think that it's reasonable to be looking at this and
trying to get it into Fedora Core 3.  Hopefully by doing so, we'll be
able to sort of start getting more Theora content created, just as
happened with Vorbis.

Jeremy

Jeremy