SELinux policy -- config tools

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 5 14:09:17 UTC 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:04:05AM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:

> Sounds like system-config-printer is running as cupsd_t, I'm not
> sure that's what we want.  We may have to make all CUPS config files
> re-writable by cupsd to solve this.

Regardless of that, cupsd itself will need to modify its configuration
files; that's how the HTTP interface works.

> I've just started fiddling with cups on one of my machines, I'm not
> sure that I have a printer that's in working order so I can't test
> that CUPS works right now, but I can test the policy.

Can't you set up a print queue to print to a local file instead?  Just
choose 'custom device' and type in a filename.

> My current policy tree works well for system-config-printer.  For me
> system-config-printer runs as sysadm_t and I don't think that there
> is any difference between my policy tree and Dan's latest one which
> could account for such a difference.

This is during boot-up: printconf-backend is what writes the
configuration files.

Tim.
*/