Module ohci1394 not found

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Mon May 3 14:54:13 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 23:56 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Apr 28, 2004, Chris Kloiber <ckloiber at ckloiber.com> wrote:
>
> > FireWire is currently busted in the latest kernel trees. IIRC it
> > compiles but explodes wonderfully on insertion, taking the whole system
> > and half the of the South East USA seacoast with it into oblivion. It
> > will likely be turned on again when it works.
>
> Which probably means it won't make it to FC2 final.  I plan on
> offering some work-arounds for Firewire users, sort of like I did for
> FC1.  My plan is to take the Firewire code that shipped with kernel
> 2.6.3, since that has worked quite reliably for me.

For what it's worth, I was able to build and load the firewire modules
against 2.6.5-1.347.  I used the latest ieee1394 branch from subversion
using the attached Makefile.  I have not actually tested connecting any
firewire devices but my experience with other recent kernels was that

David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>