systematic Kerberization

Nils O. Selåsdal NOS at Utel.no
Tue May 11 07:17:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 23:15, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Something we've wanted to do for a long time is create a matrix of
> programs that should support Kerberos authentication, and start checking
> them off. I guess this includes both client-side and server-side.
>
> Does anyone have a good start on this?
>
> Any real-world experience/scenarios where Kerberos support was needed
> and not available? (Which things should be Kerberized first?)
* gnome-vfs , had some users that really would rather use GUI
applications
(Nautilus) to reach a kerberized ftp server.

Which btw reminds me, I rewrote gnome-kerberos a while ago, only used
by local users here yet, but it has among other things a systray icon
showing the status of your kerberos ticket, screenshot:
ftp://utelsystems.dyndns.org/pub/snapshot1.png
Something for Fedora ?

--
Nils Olav Selåsdal
System Engineer