tmscsim module not included?

Shahms E. King shahms at shahms.com
Wed May 19 06:52:34 UTC 2004

I knew about the firewire modules, but not having the tmscsim module in
the FC2 kernel caught me completely by surprise.  And it was an
extremely nasty surprise.  One that left my computer *completely
unbootable* in fact.  It seems that when /sbin/new-kernel-pkg can't make
an initial ram disk because the required scsi_hostadapter module isn't
included Anaconda ignores the failure and continues on it's merry way
leaving the old grub.conf in place.  You know, the one that points to
kernels which are no longer present? One would think modules not shipped
with the kernel wouldn't be added to modprobe.conf.  Being without a
SCSI driver is one thing if it isn't stable, but it shouldn't leave the
resulting upgrade unbootable.
--
--Shahms