gnupg newpg gpgme gpgme03 cryptplug isuses

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun May 23 15:51:42 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 06:16:11PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 14:51, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
> > As long as gnupg2 (when it's time) will have "Obsoletes: newpg", I
> > believe we can find a clean solution by packaging libgcrypt1 and
> > changing gpgme and gpgme03 to require %{_bindir}/gpgsm instead of newpg.
>
> A quick followup: there are now libgcrypt1, gpgme and gpgme03 packages
> in fedora.us which have been "fixed" according to the above.

newpg has been obsoleted in favour of gnupg2 by its own authors, and
since it is a security crucial package I would make the jump to gnupg2
now, otherwise you may have security maintenance problems with newpg.

Have a look at ATrpms.net, if you like.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net