submount?

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Tue May 25 06:56:38 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 08:40, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> > I don't know if submount is the "best" way to make this happen or not,
> > although I think maybe it is.
> >
> > I'd like to start a discussion on this topic.
>
> Mandrake has abandoned supermount in their latest distro (10.0) IIRC.

for a reason; supermount seems to be unfixable on a fundamental level ;(

The problem it tries to solve is hard. It will require fundamental
kernel changes to get right I fear, and just trying to paper over the
underlying kernel with a small module ain't gonna fix it, it will remain
just papering over ;(